Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jessi's messy learning



Jessi was diagnosed with Sensory Integration Disorder. She has lots of issues in all of the major senses, so she gets therapy to help her. Movement and touch are her biggest issues. She has a new swing system in her bedroom she LOVES.






She has a really hard time with stuff touching anywhere but her hands, so we played with shaving cream to help. This is something I did with Alex and you never really think much about it.

Well when I placed some cream on her arm, she got very distressed....so I quickly cleaned her up. We started again and this time she did it all by herself.

We pretended she was a little green monster. I never thought something so simple would bring me so much joy. I was so very proud of her. I never doubt that with her determination and personality she can overcome anything.

I carried the little green monster to the shower and magically my little princess returned all squeaky clean.

No comments: